View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 07:58 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by sewmary View Post
I have purchased a Pfaff since that merger and the quality is still there - I have an older Pfaff also to compare it to. I also have a mid-range Viking bought since that merger and it too is a great machine. Have no idea why merger seems to mean bad things on this board.
I agree that the merger should have nothing to do with anything; companies merge all the time and most don't know about it. Maybe all this means is now there will be good Singers on the market again. I just bought a Viking this past year and it is still made in Sweden and I love my machine. I'd own a Pfaff before I'd own a Bernina no matter what. But you need to go to the stores offering the machines and see what the staff is like and if the support is strong and do you get classes. The Bernina store here, even though has great looking fabric I don't care for the staff (including owner) and rarely get good service when I go in so why would I get it with a machine. My Viking store I get free classes and added support if I need it and there is always help available. Check out the dealers and the machines to see which ones fit you better. You'll always find someone for or against any machine when you ask this question so you need to research both options involved.