Old 04-09-2012, 08:24 AM
yayaquilts

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
GGal ... JeanieG does come up with some lovely combos! I think you and I should just go and steal from her stash!!!!
Did someone say "stash raiding???? I'm in!!!!!!!!

I agree with everyone. All these Mystery Trains are gorgeous!!!

Oh how I wish I could get sewing on my Mystery Train and my Boom Swap Blocks!! Still working on organizing and reloading all our "stuff" into our new motorhome. DH is more than anxious to take it out for it's first RV trip, at the end of the week--to make sure everything is working perfectly, so I can't do anything but that right now; then once finished with rv his expectation is cleaning the house-yuck!!!!!!

Does anyone else have a DH who thinks cleaning house is more important than sewing?!?!?!?! I love my DH and he truly is a DH, and I am so blessed and have been for almost 34 years, but...........................
being a retired fire chief and an A+++++++++++personality, there's always something more important to do than sew. He's been retired for about a year and an half, but still hasn't started any of his "fun hobbies," such as woodworking or taking a stained glass window class. His excuse, "there's always something around the house outside that needs to be done." My take on that, "weeding is like housework--it needs to be done again pretty much right after you do it!!!!"

DH just does not get, nor understand how I love sewing-he thinks I'm obsessed (not in a good way--which bugs me). I've tried to stand my ground, but sometimes it's not worth it. (Sorry about my rant and complaining-trying to be a more positive person; it's just so frustrating sometimes.)

Getting back to being positive, at least I am fulfilling my "need" to sew by enjoying the work of all my quilting friends here on QB! Thanks for sharing!