Old 04-09-2012, 11:34 AM
candi

Wink Phew!!! More than 7500 pieces in my FIRST scrappy quilt and it is ALL DONE!!!!!

Hi all, and sorry for shouting but I just can't contain my excitement over finishing this quilt, yay! My first ever scrappy quilt, well I guess it is controlled scrappy made from TONS of FQs, that I made following Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt Orca Bay. I changed the colors, made it bigger and changed the borders and ended up with this monster of a quilt that is 102x106, and hubby estimated a count of more than 7500 pieces!!! The quilt was a challenge for me with all the points, seams and everything else, and it is busy busy, but I am really happy with the end result, and so is wonderful husband.

I rented a longarm and quilted it free hand with all over spirals, figured as busy as it is, bad quilting shouldn't ruin it
. Finished sewing the binding down yesterday while watching the Masters, and we tested it last night and it performed A OK, lol. Lots of work went into it and I am thrilled to have it finished. Thinking of making this one our Christmas quilt( wasn't planned as such, but sure looks Christmasy to me)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]326517[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]326518[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]326519[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]326520[/ATTACH]

P.S. sorry for the many pictures but I had hard time getting a good shot, and the outside pictures shows truer colors.

Thanks all for looking and thanks to the Orca Bay Sew Along group for encouraging me to join and complete this quilt.

Attached Thumbnails whole-quilt.jpg   bed.jpg   quilt-outside.jpg   detail.jpg  

Last edited by candi; 04-09-2012 at 11:53 AM.