Old 04-09-2012, 12:12 PM
lynn_z

Default There's always hope.

This is how I do it. First box is clear salad boxes from Costco so you can view where you're at with gathering for specific projects. I have a plentiful stash but am always finding more fresh designs and colors. I make copies of patterns that I like and might work and keep those in their box until I make up my mind or have enough designated fabric to choose itself. If I am threaded up with some energy left after a sewing session I will go back to whatever box can use that color thread and stitch for a while.....even if I am just emptying bobbins. Same with cutting, etc. So, am actually working on projects little by little and sometimes I surprise myself with how much I have gotten done on them. At some point, it is necessary to move up to larger boxes. Once you reach a certain point of progress (hope of actually finishing something) the biggest boxes move over to the stack of serious contenders. Leftover fabric either goes back in the drawer of second chances or in a box to give away. If nothing else, when I die of old age, I will have at least left hope for someone else to carry on instead of leaving the disorganized mess I used to have.