View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 02:51 PM
laralea

Hello all...
Can you see the difference in the two rose fabrics in my poor photo? One is light and the other one is darker.. I really wanted to use both of them in a quilt but wasn’t creative enough to figure out how to do it in an easy pattern, so I decided to make it reversible. I haven’t made the final selection for the 4 darker fabrics, but you can see the general idea of what I have in mind.

I made a little design wall and when we put the lighter blocks up and tried to lay them out in an interesting way, the floral print totally disappeared. We've sort of figured out that I need to put larger pieces of the floral print in the design. I have 1 1/2 yards left that I was going to use for the border, but I can use something else for that. This is for a queen size quilt and the blocks are 10". I haven't found the fabrics to go with the other rose print - reverse side of the same quilt - and now I realize that I need to find a design that uses larger pieces of the print. I've had the rose prints for many years and want them to be prominent in the quilt. I am interested in having different patterns on the 2 sides of the quilt.

I'm definitely open to using both rose prints in the same quilt top if someone has some great ideas on how to do that. I know...my novice is showing, but I don't care... I'm having fun with this!

I'm including photos of my first 2 quilt tops. The bright colored one is done with all Northcott Earth series except for the multicolored print and it actually goes vertically on the bed. The other one is made from scraps I've accumulated over 20 yrs and ait also goes vertically on the bed.

I hope the photos show on this...I can't tell from the preview if I did it correctly.

Northcott quilt top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]47794[/ATTACH]

rose print quilt top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]47795[/ATTACH]

scrappy quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]47796[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-47794.jpe   attachment-47795.jpe   attachment-47796.jpe