Old 04-10-2012, 04:57 AM
gardnergal970

Spring break must have "broke"....or everyone is preparing to have this weeks blocks ready to post the minute Honchey posts the link. I must admit the chuck wagon's overflow of goodies has left me stuffed and I am suffering a little jet lag from the trip to Hawaii....but wasn't it fun? Thanks again QNS for all of the wonderful plans and for everyone else for contributing and enjoying it with me. So today I finish putting the borders on my D9P and arrange the strip quilt on the design wall and start sewing the blocks together.

We've gotten just a little frost over the weekend and more predicted but the strawberries are covered and should be okay. Raspberries are showing buds and I saw my first rose bud showing color last evening. The clematis is covered with blooms and has reached the top of the 7 foot trellis. So pretty. My DH has decided he doesn't want to bother with the grapevine that is barely living so I'm going to move it up by my garden and give it a little TLC and see what happens. My DGF had rows of grapes along his driveway and then a couple on a trellis over the walk to the kitchen door. I'm dreaming of a trellis....

So goodby spring break...hello summer!