Old 04-10-2012, 10:21 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Ha! I know what you mean about grid system or not, OKSGlad ... the area where I was raised, and lived for the first part of my married life, was all grid system. A road went straight and continued NORTH forever! or W/E/S!!! One concessions was 7/8 mile, and 8 lots to 3 miles. So you could easily figure out the distance from one place to the other.

Then we moved ... the roads in one township go on angles, another straight, and another will be all over the place! Hey, we had rivers and trees and rocks in our old community, so why couldn't this area get it right? *giggles* Heck they were all surveyed within a few years of each other. And are only abou 30 miles apart!

The nearby city is still a nightmare for a newcomer ... for years, I had to stop and think when I was going from one side/end to the other ... where they just do not link because of the rivers. And there are several intersections in the city, with five or MORE roads that meet. Talk about confusion!!!!!

Yellow is indeed a funny colour to work with ... like most, so many different hues. It can look very effective, but if you get the wrong shade/tone/hue ... it's ghastly!!! Ask me how I know? a dining room that became so undesirable to eat in!!! It's now wallpapered ... and I do love it!

Friends who restored an old farmhouse, used yellow in the kitchen. It was beautiful. They said that to get yellow right, you had to "build it" with layers. They had seven. Unbelievable!!!! but I can't argue the results.

I thought about it later ... that it was Newton and gravity for the apple tree. And Washington for the cherry tree!

About the overthinking ... yes, I can do that ... and know from FWS that it all works in the end. At first I wasn't in love with the basket, though am liking it more and more ... the subtlety from the yellow to the garden print, with the dark shining out!