View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 03:18 PM
germanquilter

Default Hello from Maryland

I am new on the board but not new to quilting. I am an Army wife of 22 years and started quilting in 2000 when we were living at Fort Leavenworth, KS. I took a piecing class at a local quilt shop and was hooked First quilt I made was a sampler that the shop quilted and bound for me. We moved to Florida in 2001 and I kept sewing sporadically since my two girls were small and involved in all kinds of activities. I really started back into quilting in 2008 when we moved to Maryland. I found a great local quilt shop and started taking classes again. I also became a member of a local quilt guild and found a group of lovely ladies, most of them seasoned quilters and teachers, who have taken me under their wing. I have learned so much these past 4 years and have gone to retreats, Paducah as well as other quilt shows and even participated in a quilt challenge. I am blessed that I have a loving and supportive husband who does not complain too much when we go on those fabric-aqusiiton-road-trips (FART) and when I disappear for hours into my sewing room!