Old 04-10-2012, 03:56 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I think that initially they did not have French and English on the packaging. Maybe the company doesn't want the extra expense of dual packaging? I just have my son pick up some color catchers when he travels to the U.S.
As is often the case for products that we can't get here. I still had the old CC box and just checked it ... yes, it had been translated to French. So that's hardly their reason, as they'd already gone to that expense.

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
When I read the Dr. B box it stated you had to wash things many times (maybe 6???) before using the product. We didn't buy it. I would like to hear from someone who has used the product according to the box instructions to see if it is worth the effort.
I'm wondering what is in the colour catcher that it is no longer available here.
You had me ... about the multiple washings. I checked my box, and there's no reference like that . I've been using them when pre-washing fabrics. As I had been with the Colour Catchers, I was getting surprises as to colours that left themselves behind!! If I notice a problem, I have been treating with Retayne to stabilize. And then do another check. And keep doing so, til I feel "safe".

What store(s) did you find them in, here in Canada?

Originally Posted by mhansen6 View Post
They still sell Color Catchers at my local Albertsons.
As I mentioned earlier, it is Canada where they are not available, any longer ... and why I am searching out an alternative.

Originally Posted by judylg View Post
I see Dr Beckmans for stain removal, now will have to catch the color catchers by Dr B. The Dr B products are sold here in Wall Mart. Thanks for jogging my memory to even look for these!
Are you USA or Canada? Just wondering, as I'd like to know which stores they are in, here in Canada.