Old 04-10-2012, 11:32 PM
Nokie

Originally Posted by inspectorcmm View Post
istead of tackling a whole quilt just use your stash to just make a quilt block from all the quilt patterns out there. I ended up making enough to make a quilt of many colors!
Ok - since you mentioned it...I guess I have to confess...

I have no idea how to make a quilt block. None whatsoever.

The quilt before this one was a tie quilt - using two fleece blankets from Walgreens and batting in between. And it took me I don't know how long to get the batting straight. And that one's not finished either....it's a mess!!

Sooo...this quilt I'm on now was supposed to be a tie quilt - my mom had the fabric and gave it to me. It's a "patchwork" pattern that she was just going to tie and I ended up "quilting" around all patches. And by quilting I mean - just hand quilting each row. But it's a start...and I'm learning...slowly...LOL....

Now I have all these beautiful fabrics that I've bought with my high hopes and lack of skill - and I'm scared to death I'm going to butcher them - kind of like I feel I've done to these other two quilts. I have two I want to make for my mom - and scraps set aside for a "braid" pattern I found - and then the fear sets in. Heck, I can't even get the sewing machine to work...or the rotary cutter I bought...my sewing room is a mess...everything tht was in there is out here in the living room....I should be running through the house screaming my head off...but here i sit...calm...and disheveled...

Sorry - I didn't mean to turn this into a whiney post. It just kinda happened.