View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 12:45 AM
Jenniky

Originally Posted by roseirish48 View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]326915[/ATTACH]the print fabric is my " ugly fabric" that I received. The blue and yellow pieces are the fabric I'm adding to it to make my quilt. My daughter said the print reminded her of Tornadoes. I looked through a lot of my quilt magazines to find a pattern I liked that I thought would go with this material. In one very old issue I found a WIZARD OF OZ quilt with patterns for embroidered blocks of Dorothy,Toto,The Witch, Tinman,Scarecrow,Lion,Munchkin,Wizard, and Emerald City. I will be embroidering them on 8" blocks of the blue fabric, add sashings of the yellow brick road and frame with my "tornado" fabric. Finished size to be roughly 40 x 40 "--perfect size for baby quilt to welcome Olivia Elizabeth, my first great granddaughter due in August
That sounds so beautiful. That was the ugly fabric I sent in. If you need more let me know. It was fabric that was given to me. I think I have another larger piece that is a lil less than a yard. Congrats on the future arrival of your first great granddaughter.