View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 04:52 AM
pinkberrykay

I am so impressed with all the answers to this post. End of Sale Doctrine entitles you to do with it what you want, you did not sign a contract when you purchased the pattern to agree to the terms did you? Furthermore, there is nothing that states, that buying this pattern you agree to the terms.

I agree with the others about MYOB, you have no idea what the circumstances regarding the quilt. You don't know if that quilt maker got permission from the designer like you stated needed to be done. Please don't be accusatory over something you have no information on. Like others have said, this causes heartache where it is not necessary. Being informed will get you a long way in life.
As a new quilter these statements scared me at first. However, I learned very quickly that whats stated on the fabric or pattern is not necessarily legal. I educated myself on the statements printed and realized I can do with it as I please as long as I am not reprinting the pattern on a copy machine or reprinting the fabric pattern on to a blank piece of fabric.