View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 05:46 AM
Blackberry

Originally Posted by nstitches4u View Post
I know there are some ladies on the board who purchased the new Singer 160th anniversary machine. I am thinking about buying one and I would like to hear from someone who has one. How do you like the machine? Does it have a good stitch?
I originally purchased mine because It would be such a great addition to my other Vintage Singer Sewing Machines (I have 9 Vintage Singers). I got mine from the HSN network and I can truly says that I was surprised. After hearing all of the negative comments about the new Singers I wasn't expecting much but since I wasn't really going to use it very often I didn't mind. However, now that I have it I have been using it on a regular basis along with my other vintage singers and I really am impressed. It sews a nice stitch, is very user friendly, doesn't have a lot of fancy stitches but does have about 20 or so of the basic ones. Since I mostly do quilting, I have not tried the flower stitch foot or the fringe foot that came with my machine, but I do plan on trying them out. There seems to be plenty of light around the needle area. My only complaint really is that it does not have a needle down position and this does come in handy while quilting. It also did not come with a walkling foot but it was not advertised as a quilting machine. It is a low shank machine so I think my brother walking foot will work but I haven't tried it yet. It is so cool looking especially sitting next to my vintage black singers.