View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 07:35 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Great tip. Someone just sent me some tiny clips and I had no idea what they were for!
On my hoop around the edge there are areas every so many inches that the clips fit into; they will only go in on way on mine which is good or I'd probably put them in backwards. My book that came with the machine mentioned the clips as coming with it but didn't say for what. I had figured out the tape before I went into the store and was talking to the rep and telling her some issues I had and she asked me if I used the clips. She then showed me how to use them and what they were for. My Viking #1 has great big teaching books with it and it's funny now that machines cost an arm and a leg the books are almost none exsistant. Good thing I have a good LQS/dealer; this board and the projects and videos on emblibrary.com to help me out. The other thing that I finally got figured out this past weekend was getting my free standing lace done with the cone thread, polyester without breaking all the time. I was told to use an 11 sharp needle but that didn't help. I was using the right stablizer and going slower but had been battling this since Christmas. I went this weekend and got a larger needle; not a sharp since they were out, I have it going slow and problem solved. The thing the sharp helps with is that it keeps from tearing the stablizer so I had to double up on it; another great way to use those extra pieces. I just sprayed them then adheared them to the stablizer in the hoop let dry for a few seconds and it's all good. Hopefully this weekend I can get the sharp needles; right now I'm using the embroidery ones.So this has been a learning experience for me as well as frustration. On the other hand I have a head start on the lace ornaments for Christmas and the Easter baskets that I got frustrated with and quit doing because I ran out of time. They'll be ready for next year.