View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 08:42 AM
Christine-

Originally Posted by KyKaren1949 View Post
I used to maintain our guild's facebook page as well, so we wanted to be especially cautious. It was suggested that anytime we posted a picture of a quilt on our page, we should list the designer of the pattern as well as the company that made the fabric, i.e. Moda.
Your group takes themselves entirely too seriously! I have so much stash, if I had to come up with the manufacturer of every piece of fabric I used in a quilt it would be impossible. I'm curious about the thought process your group went through to come up with a rule to include the company that made a fabric. Was it a request by fabric companies that led you to make this rule?

I think it's overkill, but that's my opinion. I can't think of any better way to discourage quilters from sharing their talents. I've been sewing for 38 years and in all that time I haven't seen one lawsuit, complaint or even a nasty letter by a fabric company because their name wasn't included as the maker of a fabric someone used. Can you imagine how large the quilt label could end up being on a quilt, even if someone were able to come up with all the manfacturers? Would we then need to create a "map" of where to find Moda's scrap, for example?