View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Candace

Originally Posted by Brabant View Post
Golly Candace you are very helpful. I am very new to quilting. I have decided to do the patchwork by hand and then quilt on the machine. I like the idea of stitching in the ditch and the book I am using to learn from says "get a Stitch in the Ditch foot". I bought one for the Pfaff2144 I have but that is just a transient thing as I want to have the Bernina 820 as my real quilter. If the walking foot has an attachment and it comes with the machine, then it seems that is another point in the machine's favour.
Once again many many thanks for all your real help and advice.
I'm not certain what will come with the 820 as the attachments that came with the 830 are different. I had to purchase my walking foot separately which is not a cheap tool. I do believe it comes standard with the 820, but do check on that. Also, the walking foot had been updated so make sure it's the NEW walking foot and not the older one. And the SITD attachment for the walking foot may be an additional purchase. I'm not sure if the SITD attachment is bundled with the new walking foot or not. Again, since I had the old walking foot, I bought the SITD attachment after it came out. I *think* the SITD attachment was about $30 here. These would be good questions for the dealer you go through and you may get the dealer to throw it in with your purchase.