View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Candace

[QUOTE=jcrow;5133308]
Originally Posted by cheezythequiltmaker View Post

"Another thing to consider is the Pfaff will almost certainly have a dual feed ( IDT) which is the pateneted built in walking foot which you can engage or not at will with most of the other regular feet. meaning you can piece with a 1/4 foot and have the benifits of the walking foot at the same time. I don't know if the bernina has this or not."

I have a Bernina 830 and they came out with dual feed before Pfaff. I love my Bernina. I even have a Bernina long arm table that I purchased when I bought my Bernina 830. The Bernina 830 is made for quilting! I has a very deep throat. They sell the LATs with the Bernina 830s because they work so well together. The Pfaff is less expensive and is a very good machine also, but just wanted to set the record straight about the dual feed! I use that with all my feet. I buy the feet that use dual feed.
Actually Jeanne, Pfaff was the first manufacturer to come out with dual feed (IDT). I have one of the first Pfaff's with IDT, built in the 70's, model 1222. Which is a beauty of a machine! Pfaff held the patent on the IDT technology for many years and after the patent lapsed Bernina and other manufacturers now incorporate it into their new machines. Yes, the Bernina 830 and 820 have dual feed, but Pfaff paved the road for all of us.