View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 03:43 PM
jaciqltznok
Banned

Originally Posted by Christine- View Post
Yes, I realize you aren't in Ames... I was explaining that's where I'm from. I love Iowans!

I understand you're trying to do what's right. Kathleen Bissett is in business to sell her patterns. At least 3/4 of her copyright blather is false information. Surprise?

The biggest false statement she makes is where she tries to pull one over on you by saying a quilt made using her pattern is a "copy" of her pattern. Hooey! The quilt is the "end product" not a copy! She has NO CONTROL over the "end product". Kathleen's copyright page is so full of holes it could pass as swiss cheese.

Tabberone created a wonderful database to help debunk the myths. Once you separate the myths from the truth it's very simple!
http://www.tabberone.com/Trademarks/...aftSites.shtml
the problem with spouting that everything Tabberone says/posts on their site as being the "gospel" trueth about the issues, is that you are then believing THEY say instead of actually doing the research for your self. Many artists/designers are fighting Tabberone and winning! They can limit what you do after the "first use" doctorine!