View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Butterfli19

Originally Posted by DebbyT View Post
I have gone weeks at a time without doing any sewing.
This is what happened to me. I just didn't feel happy about sewing, it became a chore and I stayed away from it.

Originally Posted by bakermom View Post
for years I sewed in the kitchen or dining room. that is where mom's machine lived too when i was growing up. I do have space now for myself that i love to go to. noone bothers me there. This past winter DH was home during the day and I found myself sewing in the living room to spend time together. He's quite helpful, he will snip threads, sort pieces and remove stitches when i goof!
That's wonderful! I imagine if I had a husband he'd do that for me too! haha My mom started sewing in the kitchen too, I had forgotten that. Then she moved the machine into this huge sunken living room we had - all that was in there was her old Kenmore and the iron board. We used to lay that folded cardboard thing down to cut out patterns with scissors and mark them.

Originally Posted by Bonbonary View Post
I agree. When I shut myself off from the rest of the house, I do less sewing. I found that playing audio books kept me going without taking so many breaks from sewing. Maybe I'll put a TV in there, too, and see if that helps me from feeling so isolated.
You can try the tv but it's just fake people (I tried that too.) I found that I didn't even enjoy the shows I enjoyed in that room. Funny, huh?

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and so do my kids and their friends. When family comes over they are in the kitchen. There must be some good karma in there, sharing love and memories, laughter and tears, over the years.