View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 05:14 PM
LynnG

I have a Pfaff QE4 and love my machine. I have had it for about a year and have had nothing but pleasure sewing with it. I beat the heck out of her by sewing almost anything that fits into the couching foot hole...ripped strips of fabric twisted together, thick cording, leather strips, fat fluffy yarn...you name it, I shoved it through. she hasn't balked once. The built in IDT just can't be beat. Many of the presser feet can be used with IDT, you are not limited to using just one foot. If I wanted the large harp (which was a must on my check list), I would have had to pay 10 grand for it at my local Bernina dealer. pffftt. I would just like to say to really think about what you want and what you are willing to scarifice to get it. Don't let a name influence your decison. They are all computer driven and are destined to fail. A Berinina dealer tried to lure me by bragging that Bernina's are the "caddies" of sewing machines. She asked me what I would rather drive, a Kia or a Caddy!!??. I told her that in this economy and the price of gas???? The Kia would be a more intelligent choice. I told her that this is still just a sewing machine , not a car lady and left. I am lucky enough to be able to afford that machine but I'm won't swallow a hedonistic treadmill lie that over priced sewing machines are better. My Singer Red Eye cost me 200 bucks- including the beautiful oak cabinet that she sits in. She will out sew any Bernina on the market today. She's 100 years old this year...she was there before the Bernina's, Pfaff's etc. and she'll be around long after the Bernina's, Pfaffs etc are tossed into the dump. I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but as consumers, we have to look at these things. That Bernina, Pfaff etc. are no better than the Singers sitting in the same class... no matte what they say.