View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 05:53 PM
nycquilter

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
Thank you! My response was not that kind!
no, it really wasn't. And since you asked, I will tell you. I am trained as a scientist/clinician and had to conduct then write up original research to obtain my doctorate. As almost anyone in any research area can tell you, plagiarism is really a major issue. Given that you "publish or perish" if you are in research, your very livelihood depends on avoiding plagiarizing anyone or having anyone plagiarize your work. So, I'm sensitive to that. Plus, it was applique and original, not a simple nine-patch, as you intimated. And I love this woman's work and learned her technique in class. So, right or wrong, I feel like she's a personal friend and am at least psychically watching out for her. Third, I was raised by a true, evil sociopath and as a result, I am overly super-ego bound, so that is why I think of these things. I worry about everyone in a psychological attempt to undo the evil my father strewed liberally.

And, to end it, I do not understand why some responses seem so angry and others mean. I was taught, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing. If you are tired of this subject, you had the choice not to open the topic. Walk on by, or as several said (and I heard as hurtful though they may not have been intended as such), MYOB.

now, I'll probably have incited a war. I'm sorry. Can I blame it on power surges? and stress? I really do like this site and try to respect everybody's point of view.