Old 04-11-2012, 10:21 PM
nurseknitsLaura

Judy- I call it catch and release, when i get one fix it, and move it along. I have found they sell better when pictured with sewing on them. You will make someone very happy when selling it, and make room for the next prize! the last few serviceable but not interesting machines I sold were to an older lady who couldn't afford a machine, but wanted to start sewing again, and a young lady who was getting married and wanted to learn to sew so she could make her own curtains and things! it was a blast, seeing how happy they were. Laura

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
What if the one rescued last week doesn't float my boat - too modern looking, but it sews decorative stitches very nicely - and has some cams the Elna doesn't have? Do I sell it and get back my $12 + $2 for a belt and ? for grinding off a metal part so the belt could work. It's the late 70s MWards machine - still pretty much a metal machine.

Yeah, I need an intervention - I'm up to 10 in a little over a year and I'm too old to live long enough to use them all. I think some of my children are getting worried. 8 'new' - I had two. But I'd buy another 301 in a heartbeat. And a decorated e-machine - no more room for treadles. Oh, oh, my name is Judy and I am compulsive overbuyer of sewing machines. The first step is admitting I have a problem. Nah, I don't want to be cured, either.