Old 04-12-2012, 01:10 AM
arizonagirl

Originally Posted by works4me View Post
Thanks. Some of the things I have thought of but forgot completely about travel-size items. I only shop at Michael's when I have a 50% coupon. Next time my girlfriend and I head to Washington state we will have to drop in on Joann and Michael's (sounds like a married couple) and see what goodies there are to be found.

I also was not sure if shopping estate and garage sales was frowned upon but, I guess if the item is in excellent condition, it is OK.

I will now add a different element to my store browsing.

Yes, I can add handmade items as I do a lot of crafts besides quilting. It's also a good excuse to try my hand making a pot holder or tote finally. Test for me, then item for SP.

Will probably join in June unless I am truly inspired in time for May.

Thanks a lot, keep those ideas coming.
Thrift stores are also another good source. The stores here sometimes have fabric. You can also pick up things that your SP may collect there. One of the things that I like to pick up there is tea cups and turn them into pincushions or candle stick to use as a base for a dress form pincushion. Dollar stores are another good source to pick up things cheap. Garage sales are fine as well. You just have to get creative. One of the things I like to do is stock up when school supplies go on sale. Pencil boxes, bottles of glue and glue sticks, colored pencils and crayons, pencils, ect. All of these can be used for storage, applique, quilt designing. If you need ideas for crafty things to make for your SP you should check out pinterest.com, you'll get all sort of ideas there. You can click on the link to my page there in my signature line below. Hope this has been of help to you.