Old 04-12-2012, 01:33 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura View Post
Judy- I call it catch and release, when i get one fix it, and move it along. I have found they sell better when pictured with sewing on them. You will make someone very happy when selling it, and make room for the next prize! the last few serviceable but not interesting machines I sold were to an older lady who couldn't afford a machine, but wanted to start sewing again, and a young lady who was getting married and wanted to learn to sew so she could make her own curtains and things! it was a blast, seeing how happy they were. Laura
I'm with that Catch and Release Program or CARP... The last one I sold was to a young mom who sat for 3 hours working to make sure she knew how to thread it up and make it stitch. Did I make any money? Nope. But she got a good one. The ones from WM aren't going to sew her jeans skirts. She loves the look of it - posted pics all over the place - she already tried a plastic machine and it didn't hold up. Her 'new' Japanese 15 sure will.

I have kept a few interesting machines around - I have a 401G that looks like it went through a war.... I can't seem to let go of it. I keep my Consew walking foot around. I'm thinking others may go - my kids might have to have one big auction when I croak. Oh well at least they will inherit useful junk.

Last edited by miriam; 04-12-2012 at 01:44 AM.