Old 04-12-2012, 03:21 AM
chris_quilts

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
What if the one rescued last week doesn't float my boat - too modern looking, but it sews decorative stitches very nicely - and has some cams the Elna doesn't have? Do I sell it and get back my $12 + $2 for a belt and ? for grinding off a metal part so the belt could work. It's the late 70s MWards machine - still pretty much a metal machine.

Yeah, I need an intervention - I'm up to 10 in a little over a year and I'm too old to live long enough to use them all. I think some of my children are getting worried. 8 'new' - I had two. But I'd buy another 301 in a heartbeat. And a decorated e-machine - no more room for treadles. Oh, oh, my name is Judy and I am compulsive overbuyer of sewing machines. The first step is admitting I have a problem. Nah, I don't want to be cured, either.
No need for an intervention or a cure. As I was cleaning out my sewing room to make room for a guest bed, I realized one night that I was sitting with 15 friends in there and they were much nicer, most of the time, than my kids cuz at least they stay home and appreciate all new fabric that comes home with me. They also never say that there isn't anymore for another sewing machine in the house. Gotta love those friends!
Chris