Old 04-12-2012, 04:06 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by marymay View Post
I have been looking for the Shout Color catcher for a month. Found some at NAX Jax(navy base) bought 3 boxes. Put it in my washer with a blue quilt. Took all the blue onto sheet. But my quilt faded. It was pre washed fabric. NO happy. Sure am happy that it was one of mine and not one that I gave to someone.
Were you wanting the loose dye to keep re-dyeing your quilt? and any of the other fabrics in the quilt? Looks like SCC did the job it was intended to do.

Originally Posted by chislett View Post
I use Dr B whenever I finish a quilt and it works perfect in first wash. I was at a clearance store yesterday that sells discounted items from Costco. They had Shout Color Catchers for 1.50 per box. I wondered why and I guess it is because they are discontinued. I should have bought some.
Back to the store today?

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
actually they are dissapearing (as in not on the shelves) here also.......maybe they just do not have a fast enough 'turn over' for the markets.

as to the dissapearing in the washing process.....hummmm, maybe that is what happened to all the baby sox !!!
So I think you are telling me that I better buy a whole bunch of Dr. B before he disappears too?

Last edited by QuiltE; 04-12-2012 at 04:13 AM.