Old 04-12-2012, 04:33 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

Default no, i don't stay up all night- i quilt in my sleep

Originally Posted by barny View Post
Well, good grief. Another one. Do you stay up all night? I really love this one too. It is so bright and pretty. Wonderful
i actually go to bed quite early *in some people's minds*
but it is not uncommon to find me in sewing at 5am- getting an hour in before work-
i also have a great job where i can sew at work during 'down-time' and breaks
and when i have a *design* problem i troubleshoot in my sleep- it's amazing how when things are not going right and i have to walk away- i will *study* it in my sleep and wake up knowing what i need to do---those are the mornings i'm in the sewing room at 5am!
i do work full time- (up to 98 hours in a 2 week period) but i also manage 20-40 hours of quilting a week i get home about 3:30 pm- by 4 i am in the sewing room- til time to fix dinner- eat, clean up kitchen- back to sewing room til 7:30 time to watch Jeopardy- then back to sewing room until 9 when i get ready to go to bed- so during the week my time is *budgeted* on a fairly tight budget
then on the weekend i've been known to sew/quilt for 10-12 hours a day! and if i can manage a couple hours a day at work....i can get alot done.....yes, sewing/quilting consumes me! but nothing suffers because of it- i cook, clean, participate-
but while hubby is watching tv- i'm sewing-
and if there is a baseball game on or a movie i want to see- there is always hand-work to be done- so i can sit on the couch & watch & still get stuff done....i'm not known for wasting any time