Old 04-12-2012, 05:23 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
What if the one rescued last week doesn't float my boat - too modern looking, but it sews decorative stitches very nicely - and has some cams the Elna doesn't have? Do I sell it and get back my $12 + $2 for a belt and ? for grinding off a metal part so the belt could work. It's the late 70s MWards machine - still pretty much a metal machine.

Yeah, I need an intervention - I'm up to 10 in a little over a year and I'm too old to live long enough to use them all. I think some of my children are getting worried. 8 'new' - I had two. But I'd buy another 301 in a heartbeat. And a decorated e-machine - no more room for treadles. Oh, oh, my name is Judy and I am compulsive overbuyer of sewing machines. The first step is admitting I have a problem. Nah, I don't want to be cured, either.
Judy, I am with you on the 301! I could be like Candace is with those 301's - get all the colors! I am piecing a Smokey River quilt top with the 301 right now and loving it, even though, I had to rip 24 block sections out because I placed the colors wrong! Oh well, I get to redo the blocks with the 301!

Anyway, what are 10 machines? I have 50 + now and holding! I just had to make a sewing machine museum in one of my cargo units!

Nancy