Thread: Cincinnati?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Lori S

Expect to go more than one day. There is SOOO much to take in that is easy to get on overload . When it was in Chicago I went all three days , that way I could stroll at my own pace , and not feel rushed to see it all. There is so much to see in the exibition part and then in the vendor section. My best advise .. go on preview night and get to the vendors, leave the quilts for the next day. The vendor section can get really crowed and on vendor night there are alot less people you can really see the booths. I also found I was more selective with my purchases as there was so much less pressure to make a decision and keep moving.
DO take a map and be diligent in marking and making notes about ones you want to return to, as you think you will remember what booth and where it is .. but there is so much you will get frustrated trying to find a specific vendor .
Take photos where you can , There are so many quilts in the exibition and some great ones in the vendor area your mind will swim with so much inspiration. The photos will help you to remember the colors that had the biggest impact on you. Probably the most influential part of the show for me was the incredible use of color(s). It helped me to get out of my boring phase.
The biggest suggestion and I can not stress this enough .. go more than one day .. so you can relax and really take it all in.