Thread: Knee lifter
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Kitsie

I tried to find the "Universal" one - what a great idea and it had some good reviews but apparently went out of production. I like that it was foot pedal operated (same as the brake and gas pedal on a car). Apparently it is out of production.

I really wish some manufacturer would make a one like it! BTW The Pfaff Exp 4.0 also has one.

Originally Posted by gayle bong View Post
I believe your talking about the raising the presser foot using a knee lift attachment. I have it on both the Bernina and the Baby Lock. I imagine other machines have it by now. Years ago I saw a universal attachment that would fit any machine. I don't know if they still make them. maybe it was in Clotilde catalog.
Do I like it. Absolutely. It is especially nice when machine quilting. There are new machines also available that do it automatically with some sensor I guess. Just place the fabric under the foot and they lower to sew. I don't know that I would like that - at first anyway. I know I don't like that I gave up control of the needle when I opted for the needle stopping in the down position. That is a must-have feature for machine quilters too, if you ask me.