View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 09:13 AM
lonestardreams

There are laws and rules....there are those of us that follow as best we can (I personally set my speed control 3 miles over posted speed limit.... snicker) so I break some rules consistently. But there are lines I will not cross. Someday I'm going to probably run into a cop that won't look past my personal rule of conduct regarding speed limits....then I'll pay for my indiscrection...

I'm hoping that some of the responses were never meant to be read as angry or unkind to someone just asking a question.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

This made me chuckle. Recently my husband and I were traveling- he was driving. A DPS officer stopped us and when we pulled over he came to the passenger side- where I was sitting. He told us that we were speeding and my husband said "I had the cruise control set on 74 so I wouldn't go too fast". I looked at the officer and rolled my eyes. He said "Well, if you set it on 70, you'll come a lot closer to the speed limit". I laughed out loud. He was super to us. By law, we have to hand the officer our CHL over to the officer with our Driver's License. He was so great about it all. Thank goodness, we got only a warning.

I know this doesn't have anything to do with quilting and copyright but wanted to share.

Hope everyone is having a great day.