View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 02:37 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by Butterfli19 View Post
For years I sewed on the kitchen table and when I bought this house 14 years ago I finally had my sewing room. I had room for everything and nothing was in anyone's way and no one was in mine and it was great. Funny though, I didn't seem to sew as regularly as I thought I would.

A couple years ago my daughter moved back home and shortly after had my wonderful grandson and now that sewing room is his bedroom and I am back to sewing on the kitchen table. And I sew a little every day.

You know what? I love it! For some reason I like the kitchen table better and I have no idea why. Maybe because it's the hub, maybe because I'm in the middle of my grandson's room and the living room, or maybe I just love my kitchen, or it's right there and I can't wait to finish that project, or a combination of all the above.

Has this ever happened to you?
I had the opportunity to have a humongous sewing room in the basement and opted for a little space in the front room where everything is going on. I face out a window and can greet the neighbors, watch the sun rise, wait for the mailman, listen to my books and can enjoy myself so much more where there is a homey din going on (husband calling, dog barking, phone ringing, you name it and I am still in my little quilting world!!!!!!! Love it to pieces up here!!!!! Edie