View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 04:28 AM
girlsfour

Originally Posted by nstitches4u View Post
I have the best of both worlds. We built a 12' x 23' room on the back of the house. It was originally going to be a sun room, but DH suggested that it would make a great sewing room. Of course, I agreed. It has 7 windows and a door to the outside which also has a window. Lots of natural light. It adjoins our country kitchen. There is a large doorway leading into the country kitchen. I can watch the TV in the dining area of the kitchen while I am sewing. Once I am up in the morning and the bed is made, I head for the kitchen for breakfast and then on to my sewing room. My computer is also in my sewing room so I just live in that part of the house for the rest of the day. Easy access to the coffee pot, refrigerator and bathroom---What more could I want? Lol
After reading each and every post, I have to agree with this one. A friend built a lovely new home and right off the kitchen in the back of the house is a sunroom. Windows on all three sides w/french doors. As soon as I saw it - I said that it would be the perfect sewing room! It would be the best of both worlds - still having my own sewing room but not being isolated.

As we have two in college, we have two empty bedrooms during the school year. I have partly converted one of those bedrooms (very small) into my sewing supply area I guess you would say. I have found similar to others on the board that I do not like to be up there to sew (two-story house). Even if I am the only one home.

So what do I do? Have sewing stuff on my dining room table (use that room about twice a year) and my sewing machine is typically on the kitchen counter. I am sure our daughters would say that having mom's sewing stuff around all of the time is a given. One would think they would have gotten the 'sewing bug.' They haven't yet!! bla!