View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 06:48 AM
onaemtnest

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I have used masking tape or painter's tape to quilt along. My Bernina has the bar that has a little screw to lock it in place but I haven't used it yet. I think if you can find a walking foot with the guide bar I would find a way to make it work versus a new machine. I would find a piece of plastic tubing (plumbing or pump tube) that would just barely slide onto the bar. I would measure a piece to slip onto the bar before putting it in the hole and then measure another piece to put on the bar after the hole. I would move the pieces in tight to the foot to keep it in place. You could also go around the bar with painter's tape to hold it in place but it would have to be removed later and the bar cleaned?
Thank-you for your kind reply....A new machine is totally out of the question! Even if a dealer offered payments from now until forever on a fixed income that is not desireable much less doable. I'm thinking that with the input so far that the painters tape is the way I'm going to 'learn' to use.