Old 04-13-2012, 09:23 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

It is a new experience for me, gardengal. Always had chickens, never any other fowl. Two were chilled, so they are in my bedroom at my feet in front of a little electric space heater, quiet as mice. Have a heat lamp over the others in a deep black tank. May lose one that seems very down.. Game birds have to have the game bird feed and grow really fast the two weeks. Or so I am told. It is dh's dogs that killed all our chickens...it took the dogs about 9 times as escape artists to kill them all. Now we have them fenced off, and hope to have better security for the incoming chickens, ducks and turkeys.

I planted some flowers in the front yard, and keeping an eye on them; so far, so good. Lost a few tomato plants in the garden that my dh was taking care of them. Love temps are expected at night this week, so will see what happens. March was so warm, and I was so ready for Spring, I may have sprung into too early of a garden.

Trying to get back into the quilt room and work on a couple of PC and the last 4 rows of the FWQ slashing. ran out of original slashing and no more to be found, so doing an almost-match in the last few row and between blocks in last corner.