View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 10:52 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Writergrrl View Post
Yes, but Kingsmen charges $10 shipping (unless I am missing a *free* shipping link somewhere on the site) which brings the queen batt to $25, more than the $17 deal she got at JoAnn's.
Yes but it required a 50% off sale plus presenting an additional 15% of coupon and driving there so she had the cost of gas and wear and tear on her vehicle and I would think the time she spent driving to and from Joannes and selecting her purchase off the shelf and waiting in line to check out is easily worth $10.

I will concede if you happen to be one of the fortunate few who get coupons (I have signed up numerous times and have yet to ever receive one) and you live very close to JoAnnes and you can wait until they do a 50% off sale AND have a coupon then by all means go to JoAnnes.

I have found less expensive options where I can shop at MY convenience, order from the comfort of my computer and get it delivered right to my doorstep and I don't have to wait for a "sale". I long ago gave up on JoAnnes when I finally realized that they have inflated prices to make you THINK you are getting such a great deal when they advertise 50% off when in reality you are just paying the normal retail price of your LQS or an online source PLUS shipping.