Old 04-13-2012, 11:51 AM
SewExtremeSeams

Thanks Mom3 and Miriam. Do you get Tri Flow Grease and Tri Flow Oil products through Sew-Classic?

Ok, I opened a can of new worms (for me) or should I say a new can of worms!?
I just oiled my FW. I have been sewing on this machine this past week but when I threaded it today, the tension discs seem to be holding on extra tight to the thread no matter what I adjusted it to. I tried moving the dial all the way to the left and right and pulled on the thread... nothing was loose enough for the thread to flow freely... too much tension. So, with my FW 221 book by Nancy Johnson-Sebro, I unscrewed the screw that held the entire tension assembly and laid the pieces out in order that I took them off. Nothing looks out of the ordinary... not dirty, nothing rusted, etc. Should I oil anything while I am in there? Do I need to do anything special when I put it back together? Nancy doesn’t offer much past how to disassemble and reassemble.

Yikes! I am glad I took it apart (it's my first time) because now it doesn't seem so scary and I am sure my other machines will need tension attention also. Thanks in advance. You are all so helpful. I learn so much here, often not even commenting. But, oh sew glad you are all here.