View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 01:21 PM
MaryC

Default Sewing Room Re-Do

Originally Posted by grammy17 View Post
I wanted to separate my sewing and my computing areas in my room. Previously they shared and L-shaped desk. Also to lower the height of my sewing machine table to ease the strain in my shoulders.

My son suggested we go to IKEA. bought two tables. He and my grandson put the tables together. Then my son cut the hole for my machine in one table; put a shelf under it to hold my sewing machine. He put casters on the other table to raise it for cutting. Now they sit so the cutting table can hold a quilt when it is on the machine. And it can be rolled out for moving around when cutting.

I'm so happy.
Dear Granny 17:

I just now read your posting from last year on re-doing your sewing/computer room. I also have my computer & longarm in the same room & 2 years ago my computer died. I was told that the reason it died is because the hard drive was covered in lint from my longarm. I was told that I have to vacuum my hard drive every once in a while to keep it from filling up with lint. Just thought I'd give you a heads up on that so it won't happen to you. Have fun with your new room.
Mary C