Thread: Pfaff Treadles
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Charlee

I do not have a Pfaff...Nancy has a very nice Pfaff model H, and some of the others have the older Pfaff machines. I would say that it would depend on the model, the condition, etc. Probably tho, in excellent condition, around $150. Deduct from that for blemishes and problems.

It really is true that these old girls and guys that we love so much have little relative value in today's market. Sad, but true. There are too many of them. For example, in 1910, using the "G" serial numbers alone, and providing that I didn't miss a run while I was adding them up, Singer made 218,000 model 27 machines. That's only one model.

The 115 that I'm so proud of... converting original sale price to today's price, it would have sold for the equivalent of just over $4000.00...They made 300,000 of them over the years that the 115s were produced. So...a little less common than say, a 27 or 66, but still not rare. (And yes, I paid too much for it, but I *really* wanted it! LOL)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that while we love these old machines, and treasure them, there are just too many to be considered valuable. I'd love nothing more than to think I have thousands of dollars worth of machines, but I don't. I have less value in my vintage babies than some of the women on this board have into ONE modern machine. The thing is...100 years from now, my vintage babies will most likely still be stitching as long as someone takes care of them...those modern machines won't. Raises the question..."Who has the better value?"