Old 04-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Bicycle Hobo

There was only 1 piece of fabric that I bought several years ago what pilled terribly after the first washing. I discarded that fabric and never even considered using it for even placement in the middle batting. I now make rag quilts for mostly utility purpose-with one fancy quilt being periodically made yearly for monetary sale. I don't have much money to go to Local Quilt Shops in my area and buy unless it is on the clearance shelf. I have found that the fabrics there are made in the same foreign countries-usually China, India, and Pakistan-as Joann's and Hancock's are. So I prewash the fabrics from the chain stores before cutting out and sewing and never had one that pilled too much-or at least was acceptable in how much was pilled. I can tell you for sure that it is far better than most of the ready made products sold most anywhere nowadays. I rotate my quilts so that one is used for a month, washed, then put away for several months. That way my quilts are not harshly used or washed too much for as long as possible.