View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 05:53 AM
margecam52

Congrats! Couple of suggestions...The first is to get a set or two of zippers for the leaders (or maybe look at Sharon Schamber's website (also on youtube) for how she does her velcro leaders. That way if one of you has a quilt on the machine, and someone else needs to use it...you can just unzip or otherwise easily remove your quilt & let the other person use it. I got my zippers at zipperstop.com (whole lot cheaper than buying the packaged ones from a quilt shop). You already have the 2nd suggestion...get training. It will take practice, practice and then some more practice. Overall...enjoy that you have family to share your quilting with...like many others...I am the only one in my family who sews/quilts. SIL used to...but I just finished quilting 14 quilt tops for her. Says just not interested any more...maybe later (probably not)...even gave me most of her stash...sign that she's not going to quilt any longer for certain.
My two daughters aren't interested & live in different states from us...so, do enjoy working together.

Originally Posted by carly View Post
Mom,Sister and I just bought HQ 18 yesterday. I am so excited, we will be getting it Tuesday. We will be having so much fun. DH is also going to take classes with us. I can't stop doing the happy dance.