Old 04-14-2012, 08:24 AM
JeanieG

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
In Texas, when they have a deer stand, they need to move it almost daily because the corn they use to lure the deer in also lures the mice in; when the mice come in, the rattlesnakes come in for the mice. Natural food chain.

Barnyard fowl from McMurray Hatchery comes three ways; we choose the 7 ducks and 7 turkeys, but they came as 8 ducks and 6 turkeys, with one duck not making the trip live. I read up on the care a bit more, the ducks like a small wading pool, so my mimi paint roller pan was perfect. They are like a crowd of small children experiencing their first wading pool; its too shallow for they to swin, but they are having fun diving their bills into the water to eat the bits of bread there. The first three days, if they lack energy, you can feed them crumbled egg yolks and revive them a bit.

It sure separates the ducks from the turkeys!! All look very content now.

QuiltE, I always wanted a pair of skunks, their "perfume sack" removed, of course, to roam in my front yard. Thought it would keep strangers away from my front door....salesmen, etc., pushing their wares or Bible.
QNS - my uncle raised skunks (with removed odor sacks) as pets when I was a youngster. I used to love going to my cousins house, as they also raised goats. They had a creek that was dammed up that we could swim in too. Thanks for reminding me of these great memories!!!