View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 02:34 PM
wvdek

As for me - well I cannot afford the really nice fabrics nor am I close enough to a really nice LQS so I can only get what I really like or know I will use and have to leave the stuff that makes me drool behind until I can afford it.
In the meantime, this is the only area of my life that is really organized, marked, bagged, sorted, washed, ironed, squared, etc.
Then, this weekend my DS the trucker was here. I started working on kwhites Doll quilt and DS got involved. I mean really involved and said he liked this color this value this n that. Next thing I know, he has changed two of the fabrics I was going to use becasue it actually looked better than what I was going to use. He had taken an Art class a few years ago with the hopes of being a grapic artist and he really showed his knowledge. I told him I needed to teach him to quilt. He didn't say no so ...I may have to rethink who I leave my stash to. To boot, he really liked what I was doing and took more intrest and was more receptive than DD or DH. Hmmm another Ricky Tims perhaps?