Thread: I'm Baaaack!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 09:56 AM
GingerK

Default I'm Baaaack!!!

I had a fabulous 5 days with my Mom and sisters! The 3 day retreat was awesome! 45 ladies, ranging in age from 30 to well past 80, with so many diverse projects and ideas! Show and Tell was awe-inspiring and humbling.

The retreat was held in the auditorium of a local church in a town of about 500 people. Participants came from more than 100 miles away (I came the furthest--from Ontario to Saskatchewan). There were two vendors who were more than happy to go back to their shops for special requests. Meals were catered by a local restaurant and we were fed like royalty. Lunch and dinner every day, desserts to die for, culminating in a turkey dinner with all the trimmings, on the last evening.

I'm already making plans to return for next year!

The first photo is my Mom and me. She's 91. So glad I could spend a day with her.

The second is of my two sisters and me. The one on the left is 8 years older and the one on the right is 10 years older than me. Absolutely no family resemblance at all---right??

The third is part of my project on the flannel wall. I almost finished putting together all the blocks for a queen-sized quilt top. Next year--a smaller project and more time for demos, shopping and visiting!!
Attached Thumbnails dscn2985-small-.jpg   dscn2987-small-.jpg   dscn3006-small-.jpg