Old 04-14-2012, 10:19 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Miriam,

The first 1 1/2 days are lecture and demonstrations from Ray. The ideal machine to have in front of you for this is an old zigzag machine (one that the top can be removed to see the guts--ideally no clam shell style). If you don't have one of these any old class 15 or 66 will do.
I have hosted a total of 13 classes for Ray. Most students in the beginner class go through around 3 to 6 machines. In the advanced classes they usually are doing simple to much more difficult and time consuming repairs, so I have seen students go through 4 to maybe 10 machines. (Every year a few students run out of machines so I get some of my garage stash worked on. (Yea for me...free labor! VBG) Hosting one of his classes is a blast.. I get to be the peanut gallery and (lightly) harass him. Another VBG

Cathy
I am ssssoooooo jealous... I have 6 or 8 old Elna's needing lots of TLC, an old Bernina, a mechanical White zzer, ditto on a Kenmore, a couple Japanese zzers (one needing to find where the extra screws came from... I have some foggy idea the approx area.) I picked up a Singer 306 yesterday and thought I would take it but it works just fine... Oh and I have a 401 with a bent stitch selector shaft... and a Genie. Then there are the old ladies.
What about lunch? What goes for that?