View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 12:52 PM
DogHouseMom

I've enjoyed looking at the one's that I've seen - although I'm sure I've missed some (you mentioned a kaleidoscope - didn't see that), and when I've seen them I've voted. I don't think I've seen all of them.

I think the main reason I don't see all of them, might be the same reason others don't. My QB "usuage" is exclusive to hitting "What's new" and scrolling through the topics there. I don't go to individual forums. So if it's not "new" when I'm on board, I just plain don't see it. I know I've missed a few things by using the board this way (specifically contests and boomerang groups that I would have liked to join).

When I have seen the contests I have not had the opportunity to participate unfortunately. I think my biggest problem is that once they are announced the deadline comes up too quick for me. I'm not a fast quilter and I've usually got a project (or two, or three!) going on at the time. So time mostly has not allowed me to participate.

I would even like sponsor a contest ... with a prize! I have one already planned in the back of my head and had approached Patrice about it quite some time ago when I still new to the board. She had recommended that she prefer that we wait until I was an established member of the board (which I think I am now) and I nodded in agreement and completely understood her recommendation. So perhaps I'll get off my butt and put my thinking cap back on and sponsor a contest.

As for participating ... time will tell. All the planets need to be aligned right I guess (meaning my own quilting projects need to be accommodating).

Sue