Old 04-14-2012, 02:20 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Miriam,

Phil is right. Do clean them cosmetically before you go or do it after you get home. Also don't worry about oiling and greasing them as you can do that at the class. You after all are paying for his time to teach mechanical things not cleaning and dusting techniques.
I saw one person years ago waste most of the last day of class cleaning decals on a very old German hand crank and it still didn't sew since she ran out of time to work on it. I hope she was paying a lot of attention during the 1 1/2 days of the lecture.
Don't get me wrong, he is still teaching on the last 1 1/2 days, just not a lot of straight lecturing. The last 1 1/2 days are to practice what you learned on the first day & a half. You also get to see and learn from the problems that the other students are having on their machines and that can be a lot.

Cathy
I'm doing both classes. Do I still have enough machines or do I need to take the old ladies, too?
Yeah, I was thinking I don't want to do stuff I already know when I'm there. I'm thinking I should take snacks.