View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 03:04 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Thanks for all of your comments. I hope to hear a few more.

As for the sizes I dont' see that as a problem as I will not be limiting the size any more. But if you enter a big quilt as opposed to a small quilt - ie: a lap size or crib size- the appeal to people will vary because of the size.

I will always include the restriction of the item not having been shown before. something that has been oohed and aahed over would have too big of an advantage over someone who is showing theirs for the first time. We don't want anyone to vote because of favoritism. we want votes based only on the merit of the quilt or entry.

So no size requirements but we WILL continue to have the Not Shown Before rule. It makes everything fair for everyone.

I posted the first 6 contests so there was 6 months between the time I announced the list of contests and the entry time for the last contest.

I do like the idea of a Newbie contest and I like the idea of a quilt block contest. someone else had suggested to me to do a 10 Min Block contest and/or a hand quilted square contest. Something to think about too.

Keep the ideas coming everyone! I'd really like to tailor this so it has a better following.