Old 04-14-2012, 04:50 PM
NinaLemon

Today was a beautiful day in Upstate NY, I stepped outside rather happy to be going to the grocery store - ALONE (my 3 y/o and 10 m/o were staying home with Daddy) and then I spied a package sticking out of the mailbox! I'm pretty sure I skipped to the mailbox, grinning like a little kid and the tore open the package right in the driveway!

Almond sent me the most beautiful little quilt of potted yo-yo flowers! We must have been on the same wavelength this month, we both used yo-yo flowers in our quilts! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the quilt! The details are just wonderful! I love the little embroidered leaves which are cut out and sewn on to be 3D like the flowers, and the cute little ladybug!! The ladybug gave me a good laugh because we have a few hanging out in our house right now, and my son is a bit obsessed with them .

The colors are wonderful, the beige background has a hint of green which goes with my sewing room walls perfectly! This is my first swap so and this beautiful little quilt will get a place of honor above my cutting table. I am hoping looking at your gorgeous mitered corners may give me the boost to actually try mitering a corner one day!

Almond also sent a beautiful embroidered snowflake ornament and sweet little dress. I am so thrilled and excited! Thank you so much Almond! Your work is so beautiful and it will be loved in my home!

Here is the gorgeous quilt:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]327795[/ATTACH]

and the goodies:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]327796[/ATTACH]

Thank you again, Almond!
Attached Thumbnails april-241-2.jpg   april-240web.jpg