Old 04-14-2012, 06:10 PM
dublb

A White Tail dress out any where from 65 ta 80 lbs, & a Mule Deer dress out around 130 lbs. We've never shot a Mule Deer. My Combination Hunting & Fishing license cost $85.00. That included my White Wing Dove stamp. We are allowed ta hunt 1 buck & 2 doe or 3 doe. (I don't know what an out of State license is but I'm sure that it's high.) Our Deer lease is about 3 sections & has cattle on it. We also have a stock pond that is full all year & another one that they turn the pump on, to fill it up, in Aug. We have a draw that runs through the north end of the lease, but is dry 90% of the time. Our lease is a full year, all game, lease. We've been a member of this lease as a bird lease for over 20 years. Last fall, the group we were a member of, decided not ta lease it anymore. Mike & I approached the owner of the lease ourselves, asked for, & got it. It was awesome! We didn't have ta share it with anyone. In Feb. they called us & asked if we wanted it as a full lease. We split the cost with our oldest son's family, & my Sister's family. (I personally like ta dove hunt the best.) Before that we had ta hunt deer, or turkey at my Uncle's lease. (We always helped my Uncle's family out with the work at their lease.) I have heard that some people in the area of our lease have seen some Mule Deer.
As for the sizes of leases they must be big enough to be safe, in my mind at least 100 acres, but other than that it just depends on how much land an owner has or wants ta lease.
We always eat what we hunt.
Clear as mud?

Last edited by dublb; 04-14-2012 at 06:15 PM.